Ohaus Scout STX Portable Precision Balances
Designed for education applications, the Ohaus Scout STX with a large backlit LCD backed by education software is the ideal balance for your classroom. It is built to endure demanding classroom applications with superior overload protection.
Features including faster stabilization time, increased capacity, multiple connectivity options and stackable design make Ohaus Scout STX the best weighing experience for the next generation classroom. It is possible to perform specific gravity tests for objects which cannot be placed easily on the weighing pan by using the integrated weigh below hook. This determines the density of solids or liquids. If the sample load is unstable then the balance takes an average of weights over a period of time.
- Superior Overload Protection & Practical Stackable Design for Convenient Storage: Integrated superior overload protection system rated at 10 times the capacity protects the balance in demanding classroom environments. Space-saving design allows for stackable storage (excluding 1mg model).
- Improved Functionality with Bright Backlit LCD and 4 Button Operation: Combined with a simplified 4 button operation, the Scout’s large backlit display increases readability in dim lighting conditions, and makes it easier to view results from across a desk or lab bench.
- Multiple Connectivity Options Available for Data Logging and Communication: With expanded connectivity options including RS232, USB Host, USB Device, Ethernet and Bluetooth®, the Scout provides added versatility to your data collection and transfer needs.
- Fast Weighing Speed and High-Resolution Deliver Repeatable and Reliable Results: Stabilization time as fast as 1 sec means increased efficiency in your classroom. Equipped with advanced weighing technology, the Scout also ensures repeatable and reliable weighing results
- Mole weighing: Measures the weight of a sample and automatically calculates it into moles
- Weighing: Determines the weight of the items on the pan in your selected unit of measure and counts the number of pieces on the pan using a uniform weight. Also, percent weighing is displayed as a percentage to show the weight of the sample. It also compares the weight of a sample against target limits. Measures the cumulative weight of multiple items and the cumulative total may exceed balance capacity
- Display: Manually holds the last stable weight or the first highest stable weighing value on the display
Other standard Ohaus Scout STX features
- Transportation lock, stainless steel pan, menu & calibration lockout switch, slip-resistant and adjustable feet, levelling bubble, mechanical and software overload/underload protection, stability indicator, auto tare, low battery indicator, auto shut-off, user-selectable printing options, user-selectable communication settings
*Span calibration weight is included with models up to 620g capacity
**Availability is dependent on model and region