Customizable Modularity: Thousands of Hardware Configurations
Cubis® was the first lab balance series featuring a completely modular design at the level of both hardware (weighing units, display and draft shield) and software or applications.
Weighing Modules: Choose from a range of 45 different weighing modules the one that best fits your preferences.
- Ultra-Micro- & Micro Balances: Max. capacity between 2.1 g and 10.1 g | scale interval with a range of 0.1 μg to 1 μg. Automatic, round, glass draft shield with learning capability, illumination and integrated motion sensor. Manual stainless steel draft shield for filter weighing applications.
- Semi-Micro & Analytical Balances: Max. capacity between 120 g and 520 g | scale interval with a range of 0.01 mg to 0.1 mg. Automatic glass draft shield with or without integrated ionizer to eliminate interfering electrostatic charges on samples and sample containers. Manual glass draft shield with smooth-action doors
- Precision Balances: Max. capacity between 320 g and 14,200 g | scale interval with a range of 1 mg to 100 mg. Easy to use Manual glass draft shield. Alternatively removable flat stainless steel draft shield frame
- High-Capacity Balances: Max. capacity between 11200 g and 70,200 g | scale interval with a range of 100 mg to 1 g.
Display And Control Units: Choose between advanced and essential user interface, based on your weighing applications and requirements.
- Advanced User Interface MCA: Large 7“colour touch display including touch, scroll, swipe functionality with factory installed essential weighing applications and diverse QApp Packages for optional software extension.
- Essential User Interface MCE: Large, high-contrast touch display with factory-installed essential weighing applications for easy operation of highest weighing performance.
Draft Shields: Choose from 7 different options, depending on your balance type – each with unique features to support maximal balance performance and ease of use.
- Draft Shield M: Automatic draft shield for ultra-micro and microbalances with learning function; for models with 0.001 mg or 0.0001 mg readability
- Draft Shield F For Filter Weighing: Manual stainless steel draft shield specially designed for highly-accurate weighing of filters; for balances with 0.001 mg or 0.0001 mg readability (weighing modules 10.6S, 6.6S, 3.6P or 2.7S).
- Draft Shield I: Automatic draft shield with integrated ionizer and with learning capability for semi-micro and analytical balances
- Draft Shield A: Automatic analytical balance draft shield with learning function for all models with 0.01 mg, 0.1 mg or 1 mg readability and for model 5202S.
- Draft Shield U: Manual analytical balance draft shield for all models with 0.01 mg, 0.1 mg or 1 mg readability and for model 5202S.
- Draft Shield E: Manual draft shield for all models with 1 mg readability and for model 5202S.
- Draft Shield R: Removable, flat draft shield frame made of stainless steel for all models with 1 mg readability and for model 5202S.
Interfaces: The Cubis® II supports the integration of your lab balance into your LIMS or ELN in many different ways.
- Interfaces: Cubis® II balances with an MCA interface have three standard-equipped interface ports: USB A, B, C, RS232, and Ethernet. The USB interface allows maximum connectivity through integration of further optional interfaces, such as WLAN.
- Configurable Printout: Cubis® II offers you the ability to freely select information for printing. Using a Sartorius YDP30 printer also allows you to print barcodes and QR codes. Printing via a network printer is also possible.
- USB as a Storage Medium: Transfer user master data or tasks easily and securely between Cubis® balances with a USB stick.
Sample Holders: Choose from 12 different sample holders the one that fits the best to your applications.
- Filter Pan: The new filter pan YSH30 enables flawless weighing of filters up to a diameter of 150mm, designed for semi-micro and analytical balances. 50mm (YSH34), 75mm (YSH35) and 90 mm (YSH36) filter holders are available for ultra-micro and micro balances.
- Save-Lock Tube Holders: The new holders for reaction tubes up to 2 mL (YSH13 for micro-balances and YSH15 for semi-micro and analytical balances) and up to 5mL (YSH19 for semi-micro and analytical balances) enables easy and safe positioning of Eppendorf tubes and centrifuge reaction tubes on the balance.
- Holders for vials and round bottom flasks: The new holder YSH37 allows easy positioning of round-bottom flasks or without a fixed stand on the weighing pan.
- Syringe Holder: The new holder YSH46 allows easy positioning of different sizes of syringes on the weighing pan. Enables flawless weighing of filled or unfilled syringes for example for calibration.
- Holder for Weighing Boats or Papers: The new holder YSH26 allows easy positioning and secure fixation of weighing boats or weighing papers on the pan. Moreover, also reduces influences of electrostatic influences because of Faraday Cage Effect.
- Vials Holder: The new reaction tube holder YSH23 enables easy positioning in different directions for easy dosing of substances into the tube opening for different sizes of reaction tubes
Cubis® II QApps — The Cubis® II Lab Balance Software Concept
With its practical array of optional accessories, the Cubis® II offers the potential for fully personalized application add-ons that enable faster and more efficient work and enhance your process reliability.
QApp-Packages are software programs (QApps), for instance, lab applications, functions, or utilities. After licensing, these QApps can be activated and run in a task. Choose your applications or individual balance functions from QApp packages clustered by different topics. License your selected package and integrate them into the tasks you can run on the balance.
Essential QApp Packages applications for the Cubis® II Lab Balance included in every balance: Mixing, Statistics, Totalization, Solids density, Percentage weighing, Multiplication, Averaging, Checkweighing, Highest peak value, Counting
QApp Package Overview
- Pharma Package QP1: Offers 21 CFR Part 11 compliance and other pharma relevant applications with all you need for use in regulated areas.
- Advanced Package QP2: Advanced weighing applications includes many useful applications which cover the most common lab workflows.
- Utilities Package QP3: Includes special weighing applications and functions that support and optimize the use of the balance in your lab.
- Connectivity Package QP4: Includes applications for data exchange for seamless integration of the balance in your IT environment.
The Cubis® II Status Center
- Cubis® II includes a diagnosis and monitoring system with a dashboard display for warnings or errors and environmental conditions, allowing users to see relevant information at a glance
- The dashboard also displays an evaluation of signals from integrated sensors, such as temperature, humidity, air pressure, and levelling
- Cubis® II not only shows what is wrong but also offers support for warning and errors
- The Status Center displays complete device information, such as model designation, serial number, firmware package version, QAPP Center version, and IP address at a glance
- Automatic monitoring of device status prevents erroneous measurement results through the use of a non-calibrated or non-levelled device, for instance.
- Beginning July 2019, the Status Center will also offer remote and predictive services
Confident 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance – Complete Traceability
Sartorius’s Cubis® II is the first balance that supports all requirements to achieve 21 CFR part 11 and EU Annex 11 compliance without needing a single sheet of paper and eliminating the possibility to falsify process data and/or signatures.
- Audit Trail & Alibi Memory The Cubis® II balance’s audit trail is a tamper-protected time-stamped electronic log file, that allows reconstruction of events related to the creation, modification, and | or deletion of records. The data can be displayed, filtered, and exported in an easy way. Additionally, the Cubis® II balance contains an “Alibi Memory”. The system automatically stores weighing data in a ring buffer.
- User Management The Cubis® II balance provides two options for complete user management with access control. The local user management can be configured in accordance with your password policy. The password rules for 21 CFR Part 11 compliance are easily implemented. Moreover, Cubis® II can be integrated into the company´s domain to allow single sign-on. In this case, the company defined password rules are implemented automatically.
- Electronic Signatures In the Cubis® II balance, an electronic signature can be used to sign the final report for weighing processes. Based on a secure password, the combination of username and password is fully compliant with 21CFR.
- Safe Data Transfer An electronic record should be protected against any manipulation. The Cubis® II balance saves all files, together with a calculated MD5 checksum which is stored in the audit trail files and additionally in a separate MD5 file.
Intelligence by Design
Whether a pharmaceutical lab, an academic lab or an industry lab, lab weighing requirements can be highly individual. For instance, labs often have their own protocols for weighing and preparing samples. With its practical array of optional accessories, Cubis® II offers the potential for fully personalized application add-ons that enable faster and more efficient workflows and enhance protocol reliability and repeatability.
Automatic Motorized Leveling
The only balance in the market that offers real automatic levelling
- Balance is automatically levelled by built-in motors*, and constantly self-checks to immediately alert you when it needs re-levelling
- Q-Level combines improved sensors and the most advanced display technology to make levelling easier, faster, and more accurate
*all models with capacity ≤ 8.2 kg can be automatically levelled by built-in motors, with clear graphics support in the display (graphics support on MCA interface and symbol support on MCE interface
MCA or MCE display and control units offer interactive prompting to guide you during manual levelling. While Q-Level is active, the display will show you all the information you need: the position of the air bubble as well as text prompts, or icons on MCE, so you know which levelling foot to turn in which direction.
Gesture Sensor For Touch-Free Draft Shield Operation
- Open the motorized draft shield door with a simple movement of the hand over the infrared sensor. The draft shield door automatically closes upon removal of your hand.
- This feature provides additional safety, especially applications involving toxic substances.
- This infrared sensor can also be used to trigger printing.
- Automatic open/close function and touchless print activation is available on selected draft shields with both interfaces for all Cubis® II balances.
High-Efficiency, Integrated Ionizer For Neutralization of Electrostatic Charge
- The glass panels of all Cubis® II draft shields are coated with a conductive layer, preventing external transfer of electrostatic charges generated by users, ensuring reliable and stable results
- Integrated in draft shield model I, the Q-Stat ionizer eliminates electrostatic charges from both sample containers and samples within few seconds, preventing errors from electrostatic forces of your measurements
- The inclusion of four ion jets ensures effective electrostatic neutralization without disturbing air flows
Weigh in Fume Hoods And Enclosures With a New Q-Grid Pan
- Q-Grid allows operation of a balance with 10 mg readability even under laminar flow in safety cabinets, workbenches, or fume hoods, without restricting the performance of the balance.
- Gridded weighing pan reduces surface area, enabling precision even when weighing in drafty environments
- Save effort in busy laboratories. with unfavorable environmental conditions
- Available for all Cubis® balances with a readability of 10 mg and 100 mg, except for model 5202S
Climate Module (only for MCA display – available from July 2019)
- Climate sensor for temperature, humidity and air pressure is an integrated option for draft shield A or I or an external option for other draft shields
- Set limits and warnings for temperature, humidity and air pressure
- Data is displayed graphically and can be printed