Terms and Conditions
Please read the Repair Terms and Conditions carefully. By submitting your product to Northern Balance, you agree that these Repair Terms and Conditions will govern the repair of your product by Northern Balance Ltd. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not submit your product to Northern Balance Ltd.
- Repair Service. Northern Balance Ltd will repair your product as described and for the estimated charges shown on the provided quote. (unless such estimated charges are subsequently revised with your written or oral consent).
- Inspection Fee: Northern Balance will charge a non-refundable inspection fee of £50 plus VAT, if Northern Balance Ltd inspects your product, provides an estimate for you, and you do authorise Northern Balance Ltd to undertake the repairs for the estimated charges, this will be deducted from the repair work if carried out,
- Subcontractors. Northern Balance Ltd may subcontract with other service providers for the repair of your product.
- Payment. Unless your product is repaired under warranty or extended service contract without any charge, you will promptly pay Northern Balance Ltd the estimated charges identified on the quotation plus any additional charges subsequently agreed to by you. Your payment is due in line your agreed payment terms. Unless specified otherwise, the estimated amount includes all parts, labour, any transportation required for the repair of the product, and any applicable tax. If Northern Balance Ltd determines, while inspecting your product, that repairs are needed due to failures of parts that are neither supplied by the distributor nor distributor branded or are needed due to damage caused by abuse, misuse or misapplications, Northern Balance Ltd reserves the right to return the product to you without repairing it, and may hold you responsible for the inspection fee as per clause 2.
- Unanticipated Labour/Parts. If the requested repairs require labour and/or parts not specified on the quotation Northern Balance Ltd may seek your approval to revise the quote. If you do not agree that Northern Balance Ltd may revise the charges, Northern Balance Ltd may return your product and hold you responsible for the inspection fee as per clause 2.
- Parts. In repairing your product under your product’s warranty or extended service contract, Northern Balance Ltd may use new, used or reconditioned parts, as permitted by the terms of such warranty or extended service contract. If repairing parts outside of the warranty or extended service contract, Northern Balance Ltd may use new, used or reconditioned parts. Northern Balance Ltd will retain any replaced part as its property, and the replacement part will be your property. Replaced parts may be repairable and are exchanged or repaired by Northern Balance Ltd for value. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby waive any right you may have to receive any replaced parts. If applicable law requires Northern Balance Ltd to return a replaced part to you, you agree to pay Northern Balance Ltd the additional cost of the replacement item.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. If Northern Balance Ltd repairs your product under warranty or extended service contract, the repairs will be covered solely by the terms of the warranty or extended service contract and any applicable provisions of law. If your product is repaired outside of warranty, Northern Balance Ltd warrants (1) that repairs will be performed in a competent and workmanlike manner and (2) that all parts used to repair your product will be free form defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days, unless otherwise specified by Northern Balance Ltd. If a defect exists in a replacement part during the part’s warranty period as identified in the preceding sentence, in its sole discretion, Northern Balance Ltd will (1) repair the part, using new, used or reconditioned parts, (2) replace the part with a new, used or reconditioned equivalent part, or (3) refund the fair market value of the part as determined by Northern Balance Ltd. This warranty and remedy are exclusive in lieu of all other warranties, remedies, and conditions, whether oral or written, expressed or implied, with respect to the repair parts. Northern balance ltd specifically disclaims any and all implied warranties with respect to the repair parts, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. If Northern Balance Ltd cannot lawfully disclaim implied warranties under this limited warranty, all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of the express limited warranty.
- Limitation of liability. Northern balance ltd is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under this agreement that are due to events outside of its reasonable control. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, Northern Balance Ltd and their officers, agents, and employees will under no circumstances be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from the performance or omission of any repair services, including but not limited to loss of revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profit (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of reputation; loss of opportunity; loss of use of money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of, damage to, or corruption of data; or any costs of recovering, programming, or restoring any program or data stored on your product or any failure to maintain the confidentiality of data stored on your product. Northern balance ltd specifically does not warrant that it will be able to repair or replace your product without risk to or loss of programs or data. If any product should be damaged or lost while in Northern Balance Ltd custody, Northern Balance Ltd liability will be limited to the cost of repair or replacement of the affected product. Otherwise Northern Balance ltd liability for any and all damage shall in no event exceed the payments received by Northern Balance ltd for services provided pursuant to these terms. The remedies set forth herein shall be your sole and exclusive remedies for any breach by Northern Balance ltd under these terms and conditions.
- Backup of Data and Information. NORTHERN BALANCE LTD is not liable for loss or corruption of data or your confidential, proprietary or personal information or removable data. Before you bring in your product for any repair service, you should make a backup copy of your data and remove any confidential, proprietary or personal information.
- Loan Equipment. Northern Balance Ltd may loan you a piece of equipment, this remains the property of Northern Balance Ltd. A charge may be incurred for the loan of equipment and any calibration/installation charges which will be invoiced for in advance. Any damage to the equipment will be chargeable upon final inspection
- Abandon Product. If you have not claimed your product within thirty (30) days after being notified by Northern Balance Ltd that your product is available to be returned to you, Northern Balance Ltd will consider your product abandoned. All associated costs will remain payable in accordance with your agreed payment terms. Northern Balance Ltd will provide such notice to you at the mailing address you provided when you authorised the repairs. Northern Balance Ltd may dispose of your product in accordance with applicable provisions of law (charges may apply for disposal), and specifically may sell your product without liability to you. Northern Balance Ltd reserves its statutory and any other lawful liens for unpaid charges.
- Complete Agreement. These Terms and Conditions are the only ones that govern Northern Balance Ltd repair of your product. No other oral or written terms or conditions apply, including any terms or conditions contained in any purchase order that you provide to Northern Balance Ltd. No one has authority from Northern Balance Ltd to vary any of these Terms and Conditions